Tools, in case anyone is interested.
- IrfanView is a graphic
viewer that makes sorting, selecting, cropping pictures easy. It
also has some limited "enhancement" capabilities - notably gamma
correction that brightens up pictures.
- Once I have selected the pictures, I used Image Resizer
to reduce the size. This lets me keep the pictures on my small
hard drive. But it's not available after XP. JAlbum,
IrfanView and KompoZer all can be used to resize images.
- For maps I mostly use Streets and Trips.
I display what I want, capture with the Windows Printscreen
capability and the paste into IrfanView.You can sometimes pick up
Streets and Trips for $20 at Sams or Costco. I also occasionally
use Map Source. Map Source is used with my Garmin GPS.
- JAlbum makes web albums of your digital images.
- KompoZer is a complete web authoring system that combines web file
management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing.
- And to put it up on the server, I use WinSCP3.